The value and need for concierge medicine and direct primary care
The healthcare industry is incredibly fast paced. Most times when you visit the doctor’s office, you’re sitting in a waiting room for quite some time and then get what seemingly feels like only five measly minutes with the primary care physician. Traditional medicine is focused and driven by volume of patients and leaves very little time for detailed care. The quality of health care suffers in a system where patients are converted into numbers and the doctor’s office is a production line, where HMOs and Medicare make all the rules. It’s time for something different.
Choice Care offers an alternative healthcare option for exclusive patients who wish to obtain a higher standard of access to superior medical care. It’s no secret that the American healthcare system could use improvements, and while an overall shift to patient care being more centered around value has helped, more must be done. Dr. Buda has chosen to speak up against a broken system and through the concierge approach, he is changing the way healthcare is handled. Concierge medical physicians charge a fixed annual fee, for primary care medical services. The fee is not covered by your insurance or Medicare, so ultimately a concierge physician is free to offer a higher level of attention to your family’s medical needs, giving you greater, more immediate control over your health.
Personalized care and direct access
A concierge membership is a form of orientation to cultivate a relationship between an individual and doctor. As human beings, the bond between our caregivers and physicians is one of the most sacred bonds that we have, and concierge medicine focuses on expanding and strengthening that bond. This way of engaging makes it special and unlike most because it’s a direct access and connection between patient and physician.
Dr. Buda’s concierge service patients have his private cell phone number, leaving them assured that he is always available for them. His office has a warm and comfortable setting with an unhurried atmosphere. Same day or next day appointments are easily accessible with the convenient appointment scheduling system. Appointments last as long as it takes to address your needs and to get you to a place where you feel confident that every question or concern has been acknowledged and discussed. Hospital care is closely monitored and specialists are personally briefed and debriefed by Dr. Buda himself.
Included in your membership fee
At Choice Care we offer complete medical care for all ages, from infants to the elderly. We also provide preventative care and screening, musculoskeletal injury care, hospital follow-up, gait and movement analysis for injury prevention, vaccinations, integrative medicine including osteopathic care, comprehensive pharmaceutical care and advisory aimed at optimizing drug therapy and improving therapeutic outcomes. Also included with the concierge membership:
- Convenience of seeing your doctor anytime without waiting
- Extended office visits 30-60 minutes
- Access to your doctor through e-mail, text, phone, and video chat.
- Basic osteopathic treatments (quick adjustments, posture and gait evaluations)
- Annual physicals including completion of school, work, and camp forms.
- On-site pharmacy with wholesale priced medications.
- Preventive care including counseling on reducing risk for heart attack, stroke, cancer, and more.
- Well-woman exams including Pap smears.
- Health coaching for weight loss, quitting smoking, diet improvement, lowering blood pressure, and more.
- Skin cancer screening (dermoscopy)
- Management of chronic diseases such as diabetes, and hypertension
- Coordination of care with specialists
- Advocacy with insurance companies
- Depression and anxiety management
- In-office testing: EKG, spirometry, pulse oximetry, urine dipstick, rapid strep, pregnancy test, wet mount, KOH prep, anoscopy, hearing screen, vision screen.
- In-office procedures: suture removal, IUD removal, ear wax removal, abscess drainage, management of nose bleeds.
Additional medical services:
Expanded osteopathic treatments: ($200/hour)
Home visits: ($99 within a 10 mile-radius).
Stem cell injections or IV treatments